How do I play with MacOS?
Freedrum works with macOS. This tutorial shows you how to connect to your Mac and play using GarageBand.
- Open up "Audio MIDI Setup" in your applications folder
- This app allows you to connect to Freedrum as a MIDI device
- Go to "Window"
- Select "Show MIDI Studio"
Select "Bluetooth" from the menu
- A Bluetooth configuration window will open
- Turn on your Freedrum sensors by pressing the button on them once
- Your sensors will appear as FD1 v1
- Connect to each sensor by clicking "Connect"
- You're now connected!
- Time to head over to GarageBand to begin playing
- Select "Software Instrument" from the "Choose a track type" menu
- GarageBand will create a new song and default to a keyboard instrument
- Select "Drum Kit" from the "Library" panel
- Now's the time to start bashing the air with Freedrum!
- You can change the sound of your kit by selecting different options in the left-hand menu (Bluebird, Brooklyn, etc.)
Please get in touch if you have any questions!