How do I connect Freedrum with MacOS?
Freedrum works with macOS Yosemite and later. This tutorial shows you how to connect to your Mac and play using GarageBand.
- Open up "Audio MIDI Setup" in your applications folder or search by using command + spacebar.
- This app allows you to connect to Freedrum as a MIDI device.
- Go to "Window"
- Select "Show MIDI Studio"
- Or press command + 2.
Select "Bluetooth" from the menu.
- A Bluetooth configuration window will open.
- Turn on your Freedrum sensors by pressing the LED button on them once.
- Your sensors will appear as FD1 v7.
- Connect to each sensor by pressing "Connect" on the right side of each sensor.
- You've now connected your Freedrum sensors to your Mac!
- Now open GarageBand to begin playing!
- Select "Software Instrument" from the "Choose a track type" menu
- GarageBand will create a new song and default to a keyboard instrument
- Select "Drum Kit" from the "Library" panel
- Now's the time to start practicing and playing with Freedrum!
- You can change the sound of your kit by selecting different options in the left-hand menu (Bluebird, Brooklyn, etc.)